A Letter from the Dean
To the members of the Class of 2025,
As new members of the Yale community, you are joining thousands of other scholars from around the world, working remotely but together, in discovering and sharing knowledge. Although Yale’s classrooms, laboratories, libraries, studios, and residential colleges are closed temporarily during the pandemic, students in Yale College are nevertheless participating fully in Yale's curriculum, cocurriculum, and extracurriculum; this guide will introduce you to all of them, so please use it to orient yourself. I hope that that the time to be able to welcome to you campus in person comes soon, but I am so pleased to welcome you to Yale College today.
With best wishes,
Dr. Marvin Chun
Dean Yale College
Richard M. Colgate Professor of Psychology; Prof Neurobiology
What to Expect from this Section
This New Student section provides matriculating students with guidance and information as they transition to life on campus.
This section includes information on:
- Activating your Yale NetID and Yale email accounts (*information forthcoming)
- Academic information with which to familiarize yourself, including preregistration or placement exams for courses when applicable
- Advising and support services information
- Pre-orientation program information and registration instructions
- Information about campus culture and traditions
- Health-related materials and forms to submit