All incoming Yale College students are automatically assigned a NetID—usually the student’s initials followed by a number—which is a username that allows access to the campus network and online systems. Along with a password of your choosing, a NetID also gives you access to the following:
- All first-year forms and applications
- ID card photo upload
- Yale email accounts
- Billing account information
- Online payment
- Course information and registration
Your first step is to activate your Yale NetID which will give you access to all of Yale's network resources. Please complete the activation on a computer (the process is not compatible with phones and tablets). Make note of your NetID and put it in a safe place so you remember it. It may take a few days for your NetID to fully activate through all of Yale's information systems. If you have difficulty activating your NetID, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-2900 or visit their website to start a chat or report a problem.
Please note: Activation of your Net ID and Yale email account may take a few days to occur. Also, you will not be able to access the Class of 2024 page on Yale Connect until both your Net ID and Yale email account have been activated.
Once you have received email notification of your NetID activation, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Retrieve & Activate your NetID
- Choose "Undergraduate Student" and click "Continue"
- Click on the box "Yale Admissions Status Portal Login" (Do not use the bottom section that asks for an eight-character pin and birth date)
- Add your Eli Account ID and password and click "login"
- Your NetID will be shown at the top of the page
- Before you close this page write down your assigned NetID and the personal password that you chose in a safe place