All incoming students are automatically assigned a NetID—a username that grants Yale community members access to campus networks and online systems. Activating your NetID is the first step in completing the requirements for new students. Along with a password of your choosing, a NetID will grant you access to:
- All first-year forms and applications
- The ID card photo upload tool
- Yale email account activation
- Billing and payment information
- Course information and registration
After receiving an email notification from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions that your NetID is ready for activation, please follow these steps to activate your NetID. You will need to do this on a computer as the process is not compatible with phones or tablets.
- Go to your Yale Admissions Status Portal to access your pin. You will need this in order to activate your NetID;
- Click the Activate your NetID link on your Yale Admissions Status Portal or click the Retrieve & Activate your NetID option;
- Choose " Student" and click "Continue;"
- Please enter your eight character PIN and date of birth;
- You will be asked to provide a recovery email address;
- Your NetID will be shown at the top of the page. Write down your NetID and make note of your chosen password.
It may take several days for your NetID to fully activate through Yale's information systems. You will not be able to access the Yale Connect page for incoming students until both your NetID and Yale email account have been activated. If you have difficulty activating your NetID, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-2900 or visit the ITS Help website to start a chat or report a problem.