All incoming students are automatically assigned a NetID—a username that grants Yale community members access to campus networks and online systems. Activating your NetID is the first step in completing the requirements for new students. Along with a password of your choosing, a NetID will grant you access to:
- All first-year forms and applications
- The ID card photo upload tool
- Yale email account activation
- Billing and payment information
- Course information and registration
After receiving an email notification from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions that your NetID is ready for activation, follow these steps on a computer. The process is not compatible with phones or tablets.
- Click the Activate your NetID link to Retrieve & Activate your NetID
- Choose "Undergraduate Student" and click "Continue"
- Click on "Yale Admissions Status Portal Login" (Do not use the bottom section that asks for an eight character pin and birth date)
- Enter the email address and password associated with your Yale Admissions Status Portal and click "login"
- Your NetID will be shown at the top of the page. Write down your NetID and make note of your chosen password.
It may take several days for your NetID to fully activate through Yale's information systems. You will not be able to access the Yale Connect page for incoming students until both your Net ID and Yale email account have been activated. If you have difficulty activating your NetID, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-2900 or visit the ITS Help website to start a chat or report a problem.