Hello, transfer students! We are excited for you to join our community this fall and want you to feel at home at Yale.

In order to access the Housing, Advising, and Camp Yale Form, you will need to complete three steps:

1. Retrieve and activate your Yale NetID
2. Activate your Yale email
3. Log in to Yale Connect (upon receipt of your invitation in May).

Once you have completed these steps, you may access and submit the Housing, Advising, and Camp Yale form located at Yale Connect. You will not be able to access the Yale Connect page for incoming students until both your NetID and your Yale email account have been activated.  

Do note that it will take several days for your NetID to fully propagate through Yale's information systems. If you have difficulty activating your NetID, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-2900 or visit the ITS Help website to start a chat or report a problem.

We are excited that you will be joining our community this fall and we are eager to learn more about you.

The Housing, Advising, and Camp Yale form has a series of questions that will help us get a sense of who you are and what your living and environment preferences are. There are no right or wrong answers and we encourage you to respond honestly and thoroughly. Your responses will be considered as we go through the matching process for housing. We take all requests into consideration, honoring them whenever we can, and we ask in turn that you keep an open mind and remain flexible.

Your responses are shared with select individuals on campus, including your head of college, residential college dean. The section titled "About Me" is also shared with your transfer adviser.

The Housing, Advising, and Camp Yale Form takes about 20-30 minutes to complete, so make sure you set aside enough time.

When you think your responses are complete and final, click the "Save" button to submit them. After you click "Save," you will no longer be able to make edits, so only do so when you are satisfied with your answers.

The completed form must be submitted no later than Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.

General Housing Information

Yale strongly believes that the best housing situations involve a group of suite mates with different backgrounds and interests, and it is our experience that students gain much from this interplay. Indeed, we believe that such interaction forms an important part of a Yale College education. This system has worked well in the past, and we trust that you will find it rewarding.

  • Each Yale College student is a member of one of the fourteen residential colleges.
  • Most new student housing consists of single-sex suites on mixed-gender floors. Most suites accommodate four, five, or six students. A suite is a grouping of singles and/or doubles that share a common room and may have an internal bathroom or may share an external bathroom with other suites. Students usually share a bedroom with a roommate. Single rooms are very limited; they may be requested only when there is a medical necessity.
  • Most student rooms are not air-conditioned and students are not ordinarily permitted to install or operate their own air conditioners.
  • Once housing has been assigned, no requests for changes will be considered.

Special Notes about Housing, Dining Services, and Accommodations for Students with Medical Conditions and Disabilities

1. Transfer students are required to live on campus unless they are married or are at least twenty-one years of age. Requests for permission to live off campus for either of these reasons must be submitted in writing to student.affairs@yale.edu by Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.

2. Yale College understands that some students may wish to live in the residential college that an immediate family member lived/lives in. Incoming students may request a specific residential college if, and only if, a parent/guardian, sibling, or grandparent lived/lives in that residential college as a Yale undergraduate. If you have a sibling who will be enrolled in Yale College during this upcoming school year, you may opt into or opt out of their residential college. Siblings (same-year or different-year) may individually request either to be assigned to the same college or placed randomly. Please note that we will not house siblings (same-year or different-year) in the same suite.

3. A student who requires a disability-related housing accommodation must complete the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Accommodation Request form. Additionally, a Student Accessibility Services Housing form (PDF) must be completed by the student's treating medical provider and submitted to SAS as supporting medical documentation. Please complete all fields and include sufficient information for SAS to understand the situation fully and consider reasonable accommodations. Information from medical documentation will only be shared when indicated for health and safety reasons. Many physicians have exceptionally busy practices, and it can take some time before they complete and return the required Housing form. It is important that you contact your clinician well in advance of the Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. EDT deadline so that you can submit your request for housing accommodations with the appropriate documentation. A timely response is especially important because rooming assignments, once made, may not be changed. Students will learn their college assignments on Wednesday, June 19 (date is subject to change).

4.  Students who are observant Jews and for whom the use of electronics to enter a Residential College on Shabbat and holidays poses a problem should complete this form to ensure their housing arrangements will accommodate their observance. The form is due on Thursday, May 30 at 5 pm EDT so that these housing needs may be taken into consideration. The University Chaplain’s Office is available to answer questions and guide students through this process. You may contact Associate University Chaplain Maytal Saltiel at maytal.saltiel@yale.edu.

5.  As a student, you will be living and dining in your residential college. When you are dining with us, we take your food allergies seriously and want to be considerate of your dietary needs. Students with food allergies must notify the University, through Student Accessibility Services (SAS) so that plans can be made for necessary dietary considerations  in dining halls. Your information is shared with Yale Hospitality administration and your dining hall manager so they can work with you to plan meals appropriately. It is also shared with your head of college and residential college dean as an additional safety measure.

6. Please complete the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Accommodation Request form to begin the process of establishing a dietary plan. Please provide supporting documentation outlining your needs to SAS when you submit the Accommodation Request form. Additionally, please complete the Yale Hospitality Food Allergy Self-Identification form. Information from medical documentation will only be shared when indicated for health and safety reasons.