Hello, transfer students! We are excited for you to join our community this fall and want you to feel at home at Yale.
The housing and advising form consists of a series of questions that will help the housing office get a sense of who you are and what your living and environment preferences are. There are no right or wrong answers. Your responses will be considered during the matching process for housing. We wish that we could make all your preferences in this form a reality, but it's simply not possible and we ask that you remain flexible.
Your responses are shared with select individuals on campus, including your head of college and residential college dean. The section titled "About Me" is also shared with your transfer adviser.
The completed form must be submitted no later than June 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
General Housing Information
- Each Yale College student is a member of one of the fourteen residential colleges.
- Most housing consists of single-sex suites on mixed-gender floors. Most suites accommodate four, five, or six students. A suite is a grouping of singles and/or doubles that share a common room and may either have an internal bathroom or may share an external bathroom with other suites. Single rooms are very limited.
- Most student rooms are not air-conditioned, and students are not ordinarily permitted to install or operate their own air conditioners.
- Once housing has been assigned, no requests for changes will be considered.
Special Notes about Housing, Dining Services, and Accommodation for Students with Medical Conditions and Disabilities
- First- and second-year students are required to live on campus unless they are married or are at least twenty-one years of age. Requests for permission to live off campus for either of these reasons must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by June 20, 2022.
- A student who requests special consideration in rooming because of a disability must complete the online registration form for the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) office. Please complete all fields and include enough information so that the SAS office can fully understand the situation in order to make appropriate accommodations. Supporting medical documentation must be uploaded and attached to this registration form. Guidelines for documentation requirements can be found on our website. A timely response is especially important because once a rooming assignment has been made it will not be possible to change it. Transfer students will learn their college assignments in late June or early July.
- Students with food allergies must notify the University so that plans can be made for necessary dietary considerations in dining halls. Please complete the SAS online registration form to begin the process of notifying the appropriate parties. You will have the ability to upload supporting documentation outlining your needs on this form.