You have four years to explore a range of academic subjects and interests. Think about those areas that most interest you. Read Explore Majors to consider the range of subjects you might study. Take the time also to learn about other fields that interest you or that will broaden your horizons.
Here are some things to consider during your first year:
- Take an introductory course or two in areas of special interest that you might pursue as majors.
- Fulfill one or more distributional requirements by taking a course in another broad area of the university.
- Develop a skill in writing or quantitative reasoning.
- Start fulfilling your foreign language requirement.
- Consider taking a course in a field that intrigues you but that you’ve never studied before.
You can explore courses through Yale's CourseSearch.