The following individuals may audit Yale College undergraduate courses (numbered 100-499) free of charge with permission of the instructor.
- Students enrolled full time in Yale College or in one of the graduate or professional schools of the University. Full-time students should contact the instructor directly for permission; with approval of the instructor, no form or additional permission is needed.
- Current members of the Yale faculty and emeritus faculty: the permission of the instructor is the only requirement; no form or additional permission is needed.
- Spouses of full-time Yale faculty members, or of emeritus faculty, or of students enrolled full time in the University must obtain permission of the instructor and complete an auditing form (details below).
- Employees of the University and their spouses, in accordance with applicable personnel policies must obtain the permission of both their instructor and the employee’s supervisor and complete an auditing form (details below).
- Spouses of postdoctoral associates and fellows must obtain permission of the instructor and complete an auditing form (details below).
Yale university alumni and their spouses may audit Yale College courses for a fee. Please visit the Yale Alumni Auditing Program web page for additional information and procedures.
The auditing of Yale undergraduate courses is restricted to the categories listed above. Students on a leave of absence, or who are not fully enrolled, are not eligible to audit Yale College courses.