All incoming Yale College students are automatically assigned a NetID—usually the student’s initials followed by a number—which is a username that allows access to the campus network and online systems. Along with a password of your choosing, a NetID also gives you access to the following:
- All first-year forms and applications
- ID card photo upload
- Yale email accounts
- Billing account information
- Online payment
- Course information and registration
You will receive an email notification when your NetID is ready to be retrieved and activated. Please note that it takes roughly one-two days after you accept Yale's offer of admission for your NetID to be ready. Once you have received this email notification, please use the link below.
- Go to Retrieve & Activate your NetID
- Choose "Undergraduate Student" and click "Continue"
- Click on the box "Yale Admissions Status Portal Login" (Do not use the bottom section that asks for an eight-character pin and birth date)
- Add your Eli Account ID and password and click "login"
- Your NetID will be shown at the top of the page
- Before you close this page write down your assigned NetID and the personal password that you chose in a safe place.