Important Dates, Deadlines, and Forms
- Housing Accommodation for Students with Medical Conditions and Disabilities. Transfer Student Deadline: June 7
- Required: Health Form and Physical Exam. Deadline: August 1
- Required: Vaccination Record. Deadline: August 1
- Waive parts of Health Coverage. Deadline: September 15
The two required forms listed above and the Health Coverage waiver form are available on the New Undergraduate Student Forms web page of the Yale Health Website. The same web page features links to
- Instructions for Undergraduate Students
- New Student Info Sheet
- Yale Health Student Handbook
- information and forms for varsity athletes
- many other links
Yale Health Information
All students enrolled at least half-time in a Yale degree program are provided with Basic Coverage at Yale Health Center, located at 55 Lock Street. Yale Health Basic Coverage includes the following services at no charge:
- Primary care through the Student Health department, including routine, ongoing, and wellness care as well as same-day care to accommodate immediate health issues. Services of specialty physicians are not covered unless you purchase Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care (see below)
- Gynecology services, including annual exams and Pap smears
- Preventive medicine services, such as flu shots
- Laboratory services
- Access to care after hours and on weekends and holidays through the Acute Care department
- Mental health services
- Nutritional counseling
- Use of the Inpatient Care department (Infirmary)
Students enrolled at least half-time in a Yale degree program are also automatically enrolled in, and billed a fee for, Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care. You may waive this coverage if you have comparable coverage through an alternate insurance carrier. To determine which level of coverage is right for you, please review the Yale Health Student Handbook, accessible from the Student Coverage web page.
You will receive an e-mail in June with instructions on how to waive Hospitalization/Specialty Care.
Required Immunizations and Forms
Yale University requires students to complete immunization and health forms by July 1. You will not be permitted to enroll in classes until you have submitted all the forms and met the immunization requirements. For instructions, forms, and a video introduction to Yale Health, visit the Student Coverage section of the Yale Health Web site.
Disability or Medical Conditions (Including Environmental Allergies)
If you have a disability or medical condition (including environmental allergies), you must request special consideration in rooming by June 7. Click here for instructions and for contact information for the Yale University Resource Office on Disabilities.