Arrival and Orientation Events
required events for new transfer students
- Transfer Student Welcome Dinner
- Friday, August 23, 6-8 p.m., at The Graduate Club, 155 Elm Street (New Haven, CT)
- Transfer Student Orientation Activities
- Friday, August 23 (immediately following the welcome dinner) to Sunday, August 25
- On- and off-campus activities to orient transfer students to Yale academics and student life
- Click on this link for a previous year’s transfer orientation schedule; incoming transfer students will receive the current schedule at the end of August
Although attendance is not required, new transfer students are strongly encouraged to consider participating in one of the three pre-orientation programs listed below:
International Orientation for International Transfer Students
International transfer students are strongly encouraged to attend the Office of International Student’s orientation in late August.
Dormitories and Move-in
Dormitories for upperclassmen will be open on Wednesday, August 21, and transfer students (sophomores and junior) may also move into their rooms on that date. Keys will be available from the Head of College’s office in each college from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, August 21–23.
Transfer Participation in First-year Orientation
Transfer students are encouraged to participate in many of the First-Year Orientation events (for “freshmen”); the Calendar for the Opening Days of College detailing these events becomes available online in early August.