Dear parents and guardians of students in Yale College,
Hello from the Office of First-Year Affairs; below is a copy of this week’s email to the Class of 2026.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us by emailing email@example.com.
Dean of First-Year Affairs
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
Welcome Class of 2026!
To commemorate the start of the academic and athletic calendar, Yale Athletics is excited to welcome new students to campus as we introduce history, traditions, and the spirit of being a Yale Bulldog.
On September 4th, 2022, we invite you to join us for music, giveaways, with a little bit of friendly competition inside the legendary John Lee Amphitheater. We encourage all students to represent their respective residential college for an afternoon of fun activities! The pep rally will begin promptly at 3:00pm. Immediately following the pep rally, transportation will be provided for students to attend the Yale Women’s Soccer match against Fordham at Reese Stadium. On arrival, festivities will continue with a live DJ, inflatables, food, photo booth, and giveaways during the soccer match! We are so excited to see you there!
Ticketing Information for Undergraduate
Students Eligible Students:
- Actively registered and enrolled Yale University Undergraduate
- One (1) complimentary ticket for Student Section at all ticketed regular season home games, pending availability (Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's Hockey, Men's Lacrosse)
- Ability to purchase Student Guest tickets at rate lower than the public price
- All other home sporting events are free admission. To view all team schedules visit YaleBulldogs.com.
Football Game Day Transportation:
Free shuttle bus transportation is available from Payne Whitney Gym for all home Football games
Claim Your Ticket:
GAME WEEK: E-Ticket requests verified and redeemed during business hours. Request your digital ticket(s) HERE
GAME DAY: Scan your Yale ID to pick up your ticket from gameday ticket location(s) pending remaining availability.
- Men's Hockey
- Women's Basketball
- Men's Basketball
- Men's Lacrosse
For more information, please call the Yale ticket office at 203-432-1400 or email TicketOffice@yale.edu. GO BULLDOGS!
Yale Athletics Director of Fan Engagement & Marketing
This week’s important dates and reminders include:
- Preference Selection runs from August 9 to August 15 for many of the introductory courses commonly taken by first-year students, including biology, chemistry, English, math, language courses, and first-year seminars. You may enter your preferences and change them any time between August 9-15.
- Peer advisers are available seven days a week, through August 19. If you have questions and cannot find the answers in Yale’s online publications, we encourage you to sign up for a videoconference by going here. Members of the Yale College Dean’s Office are available for referrals as well.
- The Calendar of Opening Days is now available! Keep an eye on the Yale Connect page as we post these events along with more details. Yale Connect will also show many other events like auditions, religious services, technology assistance sessions, and open houses around campus. If we need to adjust the schedule, we will let you know as soon as possible and post the changes in Yale Connect. We look forward to welcoming you all to campus very soon!
- Move-in for first year students is Sunday, August 21st. Please register for a move-in appointment using the housing portal. If you need to make changes to your appointment time, you can do that through the portal Please go to New Student Dates and Deadlines for a full list of deadlines. Please go to New Student Forms & Tasks for first steps and important resources. For answers to common
Please go to New Student Dates and Deadlines for a full list of deadlines.
Please go to New Student Forms & Tasks for first steps and important resources. For answers to commonly asked questions, please go to First-Year Affairs FAQ (frequently asked questions).