Personal Property Insurance

An application for a low-cost personal property insurance program for college students is enclosed in this packet. Please study it carefully if you wish to consider purchasing insurance for the 2013–2014 aca­demic year. The University urges all students to obtain insurance to protect against loss of or damage to their belongings. As the Undergraduate Regulations stipulate, Yale assumes no legal responsi­bility for the safety of personal property on its premises or within its buildings.

If you do not carry other insurance, Yale recommends an insurance program provided by Haylor, Freyer & Coon Insurance Agency (H.F.C.) and underwritten by Harleysville Insurance Companies. The coverage provided is comprehensive and competitive, and enrollment is easy. You can either fill out the enclosed application, contact H.F.C. directly at 800 289-1501, or visit the Risk Management Web site at