During your first few days on campus, a number of activities will help you get the academic year started. A particularly important opportunity to gather information about academic programs is the Academic Fair. Faculty members from many academic departments and programs, plus the Office of Career Strategy, the Center for Language Study, the Center for International and Professional Experience, the STARS program, and the library, will be available in two central locations to offer you information and advice about courses, placement, and prerequisites for majors.
What is the purpose of the Academic Fair?
- to showcase programs and departments
- to offer guidance and accurate information about courses, placement, and prerequisites for majors
- to share news of upcoming departmental initiatives or events
- to distribute Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) contact information for follow-up meetings
- to allow you to put a face to a name, and to help you being the process of consulting with a DUS or with faculty members
Who should attend?
All freshmen, transfer students, and other students new to Yale, such as Eli Whitney students, should attend.
Which departments are in LC? WLH?
Many of humanities departments and programs are in LC, and the remaining humanities departments along with the social science and science departments and programs are in WLH. Click here for the 2015 directory of room assignments; minor changes will take place in 2016.
This description of the 2015 Academic Fair provides a fuller picture of the event.