All students enrolled at least half time in a Yale degree program are provided with Basic Coverage at Yale Health Center, located at 55 Lock Street. Yale Health Basic Coverage includes the following services at no charge:
- Primary care through the Student Health department, including routine, ongoing, and wellness care as well as same-day care to accommodate immediate health issues. Services of specialty physicians are not covered unless you purchase Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care (see below)
- Gynecology services, including annual exams and Pap smears
- Preventive medicine services, such as flu shots
- Laboratory services
- Access to care after hours and on weekends and holidays through the Acute Care department
- Mental health services
- Nutritional counseling
- Use of the Inpatient Care department (Infirmary)
Students enrolled at least half time in a Yale degree program are also automatically enrolled in and billed a fee for Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care. You may waive this coverage if you have comparable coverage through an alternate insurance carrier. To determine which level of coverage is right for you, please review the "Student Guide to Yale Health" and the "Yale Health Student Handbook." You will receive an e-mail in June with instructions on how to waive Hospitalization/Specialty Care.
Required Immunizations and Forms
Yale University requires students to complete immunization and health forms. You will not be permitted to enroll in classes until you have submitted all the forms and met the immunization requirements. For instructions and forms, visit the New Undergraduate Student Forms page of the Yale Health Web site.