The following are examples of online YCPS course listings. See below for explanations of the highlighted elements.
ROMN 120b, Introductory Romanian II.
Meets during reading period
Beginning instruction in Romanian. Practice in reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Prerequisite: ROMN 110 or equivalent.
ROMN 165a, Romanian Literature.
Hu (0) Credit/Year only Junior Seminar
Permission of instructor required
Readings in translation
Selected Romanian literary texts in translation. Prerequisite: ROMN <155>.
HIST 265Ja, Modern Romania.
|T 1.30-3.20 HGS 301
Hu WR (0)
Permission of instructor required
Examination of modern Romanian history through the lens of literary texts. Topics include communism, the Warsaw Pact, revolution, and political and economic reforms since 1989.
- ROMN Subjects are listed by three- or four-letter abbreviations in capitals. See Subject Abbreviations for a complete list.
- b Fall-term courses are indicated by the letter "a," spring-term courses by the letter "b."
- MTWThF 9.25-10.15 Days and times the course meets are listed below the course title.
- WLH 115 The classroom location is listed after the course time.
- L2 Foreign language courses are designated L1 (first term of language study), L2 (second term), L3 (third term), L4 (fourth term), or L5 (beyond the fourth term). Other distributional designations are QR, WR, Hu, Sc, and So, representing quantitative reasoning, writing, humanities and arts, science, and social science, respectively. (See "Distributional Requirements" in the Undergraduate Curriculum section and under Requirements for the B.A. or B.S. Degree in the Academic Regulations.)
- (32) The examination group number appears in parentheses. Final examination times are given under Final Examination Schedules.
- Meets during reading period This phrase indicates that classes or other meetings are held during reading period. (See Reading Period and Final Examination Period in the Academic Regulations.) The absence of the phrase means that classes or other meetings will not be held during reading period.
- Prerequisite: ROMN 110 or equivalent. Prerequisites and recommendations are listed at the end of the course description.
- HTBA Stands for hour (or hours) to be arranged. 1 HTBA after a specific meeting time usually denotes a discussion section.
- Hu Distributional designations include QR, WR, Hu, Sc, and So, representing quantitative reasoning, writing, humanities and arts, science, and social science, respectively. Foreign language courses are designated L1 (first term of language study), L2 (second term), L3 (third term), L4 (fourth term), or L5 (beyond the fourth term). (See "Distributional Requirements" in the Undergraduate Curriculum section and under Requirements for the B.A. or B.S. Degree in the Academic Regulations.)
- Credit/Year Only This phrase indicates that a student must complete both terms of a two-term course sequence satisfactorily to receive credit for either. (See Course Credits and Course Loads in the Academic Regulations.)
- Junior Seminar Designations such as Junior Seminar, Senior Seminar, American Literature Course, Core Course, Pre-1800 Literature Course, Pre-1900 Literature Course, and Preindustrial Course indicate courses that are applied to the requirements of certain majors; descriptions of such requirements are included in program descriptions under Subjects of Instruction.
- <155> A course number in angle brackets indicates a course that is not currently listed in Yale College Programs of Study but that has been offered within the past three years.
- J A capital J or L following the course number denotes a History departmental seminar or a science laboratory, respectively.
- Permission of instructor required This phrase indicates that a student must obtain the instructor's permission before taking the course. All seminars require permission of the instructor for enrollment.